Sunday, May 11, 2014

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer Review


MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW 25

My first blog will be dedicated to one of the most talked about concealers that is on the market right now. I will start off with some of the basic information about this product and talk about the pros and cons of it.

Price: $19-21 USD ($21-26 CAD) The cheapest place to buy the concealer that I have found would be either www.amazon.com or http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/157/10181/Products/Face/Concealer/Pro-Longwear-Concealer/index.tmpl (prices for shipping will vary depending on where you live). I bought mine from the MAC Cosmetics store in Scarborough for $26 plus tax.

Shades: there are currently 16 different shades of this concealer that would suit many different skin tones and complexions. Keep in mind that the shade range will depend on where you buy the concealer, some stores and sites might have a limited selection of shades. The MAC website (as linked above) offers all 16 shades of the concealer. Therefore, if you have any problem finding your shade you can order directly from their site.

Skin Type: this concealer would be exceptional for people with oily skin because of its matte finish. It would also be suitable for combination skin, unless you're looking for a hydrating concealer with a dewy or luminous finish. My skin is mainly dry, yet Pro Longwear Concealer doesn't look cakey or patchy at all. Although, if you have extremely dry and flaky skin, this concealer might not work well for you.

Product & coverage: this concealer differs from other concealers I have tried in the past because it has a very light and thin formulation yet the coverage is high and .  If your under eyes aren't very dark and discolored, this concealer would do a good job covering them. For me, this product is more ideal for covering scars and discoloration rather than my under eye circles because my under eyes are extremely dark. Even then, I still use this concealer under my eyes because of its amazing anti-crease properties. I then layer another lighter concealer on top of it to add more coverage and highlight. The MAC Pro Longwear Concealer prevents it from creasing, since otherwise most concealers have a tendency to crease under my eyes and on my eye lids. On my eye lids, this concealer works better as a base and primer than any other shadow primer I've tried, that includes Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

Application: I have tried various ways to apply this concealer to get the most out of it. Using a Beauty Blender is a great way to apply it if you want it to look as natural as possible and just want a low to medium coverage. Recently, I have started to use the Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush to apply the concealer followed by the Buffing Brush to blend it in and it has become my favorite way to apply the concealer because it gives the highest coverage and a natural finish.

Overall, I'd recommend this concealer to anyone that has slight discoloration under the eyes, problems with creasing or acne scarring. It isn't overpriced and nor is it as cheap as a drug store concealer, but it is well worth the money. If it exceeds your budget, you can always try it out at a MAC counter or store and decide for yourself. 

My rating for the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer would be a 8/10.






No comments:

Post a Comment