Monday, May 12, 2014

MAC Matchmaster Foundation SPF 15 Review

MAC Matchmaster Foundation SPF 15 in shade 2.0


Today's review will be on a foundation that isn't talked about much, or maybe just I haven't heard much about, in the beauty industry and that is the MAC Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation.

Price: $32 CAD. I have found the cheapest place to buy this foundation is: http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&LH_BIN=1&_udlo&_udhi=45&_nkw=mac%20matchmaster%20foundation&_sop=15 I have narrowed down the results so you can see the cheapest sellers for this foundation. I bought mine over a year ago from The Bay for almost $50 including tax because at the time I was unsure of my shade and didn't want to risk buying it online. I do recommend that you go in store to get matched and then you can buy it online because it is significantly cheaper (I should have thought about that myself before!).

Shades: MAC has 16 shades in this particular foundation that would match pretty much anyone, but keep in mind this foundation, alongside most MAC foundations, has a very yellow undertone therefore it might not be everyone's ideal foundation.

Product & Coverage: I should let you know now that most girls with dry skin will not be a fan of this foundation. It has a matte finish and can cling to dry patches on your skin and make it look even worse. Even though I have dry skin, this foundation doesn't cling to dryness on my skin. It really just depends on how you use it and how it sets on your skin. Always moisturize your skin before applying any foundation, especially if you're using a foundation with a semi to fully matte finish. People with oily skin will most probably like this foundation since it stops oil from coming through and keeps the skin matte. The coverage is medium but definitely build-able to full coverage. I don't feel the need to use much concealer to hide blemishes after using this foundation, which is always a good thing when you're in a rush! Another thing to keep in mind if you're thinking of buying this foundation is that it does have a SPF of 15 which might give you a white cast when taking photos.

Application: using a Real Techniques Buffing Brush is the best way to use this foundation that I have found. It makes the foundation blend seamlessly and quickly. This foundation doesn't give you much time to blend or work in to your skin and sets in a few seconds, hence why the buffing brush is the best way to apply it. Using a beauty blender sponge works well with this foundation but it doesn't give you a full coverage, which is what I usually go for.

This foundation is more of a "love it or hate it" product. The people who love it claim it to be there holy grail foundation and those who don't like it call it the worst foundation they've ever used. You can always ask for a sample at a MAC counter or store and try it out yourself before spending money any on it.

My rating for this foundation would be a 8.5/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment